For people who love The Lion King, this Orlando dinner show is a must-experience, fun thing to do this summer. Every Saturday through August 9, 2014, guests can enjoy a tribute as The Lion King celebrates its 20th anniversary. The special event requires a separate ticket and takes place at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park.
Your evening will begin with a welcome reception outside of the Harambe Theater. Light appetizers are served. Be sure to arrive at least 45 minutes early (no later than 6:15 p.m.). Entry to Harambe Nights begins at 7:00 p.m. Complimentary parking begins at 4:00 p.m. on the night of your tickets. Many guests combine this event with a visit to the Orlando theme park for the entire day; you will still need to arrive early to this attraction. When you arrive at the park, make sure to get your wristband for this dinner show at the main entrance. If you do not have a wristband, you’ll need to show your ticket to the cast member at Harambe Village to get your wristband.
After the reception, the celebration begins. Your private performance of the all-new show The Lion King: Concert in the Wild will make you feel as if you are in the Savannah. Sights and sounds from scenes in the movie are recreated within the theater. A celebrity narrator, along with a live orchestra, help transform the tale as the show is performed beautifully before you. The celebrity narrators that are scheduled to appear (subject to change) are:
- Viola Davis – June 7, 2014
- Avery Brooks – June 14, 2014
- Montego Glover – June 21, 2014
- David Alan Grier – June 28, 2014
- Michael Beach – July 5, 2014
- Harry Lennix – July 12, 2014
- Joe Morton – July 19, 2014
- Alfre Woodard – July 26, 2014
- Brian Stokes Mitchell – August 2, 2014
- Patina Miller – August 9, 2014
Not only is the show outstanding, the food is nothing short of spectacular. During the show fresh baked bread, various salads and exquisite dishes are served. There are also numerous drinks to choose from including beer, wine, mixed drinks, juices and soft drinks. Just a few of the food selections (there are many more) during Harambe Nights, include:
- Watercress, melon, feta and berry balsamic onion salad
- Kachumbari salad with tomato, paneer, carrot and cilantro
- Roasted beetroot salad with sunflower seeds
- Spicy vegetable samosa with mango chutney
- Slow-roasted chicken legs
- Creamy mac ‘n cheese
- Line-caught corvina filet with goan curry sauce
- Coriander chutney roasted potatoes
- Fork-tender peri barbecued pork
- Vegetarian eggplant tikka masala curry served over creamy goat cheese pap
- Butter chicken thighs and vegetarian legume wat served over basmati rice
- Apple slices with Amarula caramel sauce
- Ripe melon with minted lime yogurt dip
- Chai cream with zebra stripes
- Ice cream bars
Once the dinner show is over, the party moves to the street. For more fun, food and merchandise, the Harambe Street Party follows the show with dancing and bands performing at the post event. Special appearances from Disney Design Group artists take place and you may even get to meet other Disney characters. Shopping opportunities include a limited-release iPhone case, an anniversary puzzle, apparel, art and other collectibles featuring The Lion King images.
Tickets to this special summer dinner show are $119 for adults and $79.00 for children (plus tax). Remember, this is for the dinner and show only. These tickets will not allow entry to any area of Animal Kingdom except the Harambe Nights designated area. Premium admission tickets, which include floor seats at the Harambe Theatre are sold out. They were reserved very soon after their release! To reserve your ticket, call 407-939-1319. Tickets are mailed to you, so be sure to order well in advance. If time does not permit mailing, they will allow you to pick your ticket up the day/evening of your visit.
If you want to treat yourself to a limited-time performance, and you really like The Lion King, this special dinner show is worth the price. Enjoy an evening in the Savannah. Listen to the rhythms of the orchestra and dance to the music of the other bands. It just might be what you need to fulfill your circle of life!